UnKnown error when logging in

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
usdharris

UnKnown error when logging in

Post by usdharris »

I am running phpScheduleIt v2.4.2 and whenever I try to log in, it returns to an error page stating Unknown Error. We had a major power outage last week and it is very possibly due to that. I'm assuming it has lost something in the access to the database but not sure where to look or start.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Don

TechCoder

Re: UnKnown error when logging in

Post by TechCoder »

be sure your hosting provider didn't upgrade the PHP version - that is what it sounds like here......

2.4.2 is 'ancient' - seems it needed PHP 5 (????) - which is no longer supported on nearly every host provider (at least all the commercial ones I know of)
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

usdharris

Post by usdharris »

We are self hosting on the same machine running phpscheduleit. I suppose when it restarted could it have updated the php version on its own?

TechCoder

Post by TechCoder »

not likely......

but, then, it is also 'not likely' that if the ONLY thing that happened is that the computer rebooted, something changed......

You should run standard error checking and walk through the error (as it sounds like SOMETHING did change! :)
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

usdharris

Post by usdharris »

I'm sure you are right that SOMETHING changed. I type in whereis mysql and it points to /etc/mysql /usr/share/mysql /opt/lampp/bin/mysql.server /opt/lampp/bin/mysql

in the directory /opt/lampp/bin, if I type in ./mysql.server start, it appears to begin but then returns an error
[FAIL.] The server quit without updating PID file (/opt/lampp/var/mysql/checkout.pid). ... failed!

I look at the location of the checkout.pid (which checkout is the name of the database) the checkout.pid file is 0k in size. I do notice there is also a checkout.err file that is 95k. I tried copying that file into the checkout.pid file but no difference.

If I need to reinstall, is there a location of the database file that can be imported into the new install?

Thanks for any guidance.

TechCoder

Post by TechCoder »

I can't give exact steps (I'm limited by company contract with paying clients that I can't dole out 'free help'....), though here's what I can say....

I'd probably install a new version of Booked and new database, etc. to test the server for compatibility (Booked is pretty easy to install and might be simpler than troubleshooting this/that/other...) and a side benefit is that if it works, you have a place to upgrade to (notice that I said a NEW database..... - "protect your existing data" is a great motto!)

You still don't know what happened (though you understand that SOMETHING did..... - yes, odd to all if you are in charge of the system and had nothing pending like an automatic upgrade {which, btw, could have been set ages ago...}, etc......) Because of this it would be a good idea to get your current PHP as well as MySQL versions (check the internet - tons of instructions...) - and check for PHP/server level errors (sadly, Booked doesn't give a lot of error info - even if you have it turned on {and nothing if you don't!}, but maybe you will see something)

I'd also then check on the internet for any 'weirdness' of those versions (who knows?????) - likely not going to reveal much, but worth a shot.

Lastly, I would not fret over 'what' happened (at least, not in excess...), though a bit of cautious looking around certainly might give you a better feeling about it.

Hope this helps. If not, maybe someone else can give you more detailed steps - or you can contact me for one-on-one support and I can help with 'anything' - https://Apps-n-Add-Ons.com/contact.php

usdharris

Post by usdharris »

I appreciate your help and I am in the process of setting up a new version of Booked on a second computer.

As for what happened, I can only assume the unexpected power outage we incurred damaged the install. Presently mysql is not running so I'm leaning that direction is the underlying cause of my problem.

Thank you for the offer of assistance at a later time and I'm hoping I can get through this without it. Just nice knowing it's there is a help.

usdharris

Post by usdharris »

Yes, it was mysql not running.

After a boot, apparently it does not start the services. I can do a manual sudo ./opt/lampp/lampp start and walla things run fine.

Doesn't it usually set up to start at boot? Where can I look for that script? Thanks.