Actions at Reservation Start and Stop

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
brunner

Actions at Reservation Start and Stop

Post by brunner »

Is it possible to execute an action (Shell-Script or similar) at the start and stop times of reservations?

Regards
Armin

TechCoder

Re: Actions at Reservation Start and Stop

Post by TechCoder »

Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

brunner

Post by brunner »

To my understanding, this plugin depends on Check In and Check Out.
Is it possible to execute Actions just at Start and End of a reservation independent of Checking In and Out?

Regards
Armin

TechCoder

Post by TechCoder »

Yes, the plugin does use Check In/Out as the requirement was to trigger a CMD for turning on/off a piece of equipment (that's why we called it 'Remote Control') - for safety and economy reasons (being sure someone was there to actually use the equipment), Check In/Out is the 'safe' way to do it as it requires a User to physically check something.

The only way with Booked to trigger on the 'scheduled' start and stop time (if you have a scenario that really needs that - i.e., some sort of 'scheduler' for an automated process) is to use a CRON job. The thing you have to think about is the definition of "Start" and "End" - what causes the reservation to really 'start'? A time in a database doesn't DO anything - it is just a time.... That is why Check In (Out) is better for measuring actual activities - when someone says "I'm here and ready for the activities".

Again, if you really have a need for a 'timer', you can use Booked to set the times and a CRON job to trigger activities (much like the start/end reminders on the reservations). That is not a part of Booked, nor the current plugin we offer, however, we are happy to make you a custom program that does exactly what you need.

Contact me privately to get a quick return on an estimate for time/costs to develop a program for your particular scenario.
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com