Custom Attributes - collect by group

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
suomi

Custom Attributes - collect by group

Post by suomi »

Hi all,

in Booked during a reservation it's possible to collect specific attributes in specific case bu users, resources or resources types.

Could it be possible to do it by group?

Regards,
suomi

TechCoder

Re: Custom Attributes - collect by group

Post by TechCoder »

You would need to further define what you mean by "collect specific attributes in specific case.......", though certainly it sounds like something that CAN be done (pretty much anything you really need "CAN" be done.... :)

I think what you are talking about is a REQUIRED INPUT sort of 'collect' of information.... - for example, "When a user in Group X (or perhaps using Resource Y - whatever....) creates a reservation, XYZ Custom Attribute will be required to fill out"...... If that is the case, then it is possible, though not an 'out-of-the-box' solution (i.e., it requires custom software, but can be done).

If that isn't what you mean, then we'd need to know what sort of 'collect' method are you looking for - is it an external 'trigger' or maybe something saved out to a file/database {with maybe a custom page to look at the data as it comes in....}, or something to show up in a Report, etc..... - billions of possibilities, which is why you need to define what YOU want!

Without some other details of what you really mean it is hard to say, though it is likely that what you are looking for would be something that Booked doesn't do 'out-of-the-box' and it would need a custom bit of software to get you the data you are looking for.

If you need a custom solution - my contact info is in the signature below - we make all sorts of "specific case for specific user" things for clients everywhere!
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

suomi

Post by suomi »

Hi thanks for your reply.

When I create Custom attribute in Booked (Application Management->Custom Attributes-> Add a new attribute), I can check the "Option" to collect the attribute in specific case. When I am doing this, I have 3 options: User, Resource and Resource Type. It will be great to have the option to collect the attribute depending of Groups.

TechCoder

Post by TechCoder »

Thanks for clarifying - I totally missed your point here (not the first time - or likely the last time I'll do that!.... :shock:

As you may/not know, Booked has now gone 'private' (the original developer has taken it offline as an open source project) due to the same reasons many open source projects go offline - lack of funding..... (everyone has to pay the rent!)

While there are a couple of people that have copied the open source code and put online (search the forum), noone (including us, who are the most active developers of enhancements for Booked) has taken on any new development as an open source project.

That being the case, it is clear that if you are asking for a modification to the open source version - it is extremely unlikely to happen - at least, not without funding.....

We are happy to do the mod for you - and put it into an open source version if you like - contact me privately (links in signature below) to discuss time/costs/details.

Additions to the open source version can (and likely will) take place, though mods will need to be funded by someone (it seems pretty clear that the sponsorship that the original developer had is no longer there - that's why he had to take it to a paid version...)

On another, similar, note - soon we expect to be releasing a new offer with a LOT of enhancements that will be 'Group' and 'Permission' oriented. Not open source, though more features and much cheaper!
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

suomi

Post by suomi »

Ok thanks for you reply and your clarification.