second email-address

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
janvl

second email-address

Post by janvl »

Hi,

can i send a reservation e-mail to a second email-address?

I tried to change the email-address for a user, it did not work out.
I then changed it with phpmyadmin in the DB to test and changed it back.
Could it be that I block too much in Firefox?

Regards,
Jan

TechCoder

Re: second email-address

Post by TechCoder »

In the old forum (https://forums-archive.bookedscheduler.com/) it seems I recall someone had a solution for this - using CC (and/or BCC) in the mail sending section of the software.

The challenge here though is to know what your 'second' person should be sent - if 'copy them on everything', then doing the CC in the send mail may be simple enough (be sure to document and remember to change it again when you upgrade Booked....) - though if you need them to be copied "only on certain Users" or "only on the same emails that Admins get" or even "they get a copy, but we want to add/delete/change some text..." , etc..... (i.e., some 'rules'), then you have to consider those to determine where the CC should be done.

One of the simplest ways to create 'rules' is in the plugins - in this case you would need a PostReservation plugin (that triggers AFTER the reservation is created/updated/etc.) and you could then write the software to work from the 'rules' you have. To me, this is the most straightforward approach, though it may be overkill for a really 'simple' sort of CC.
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

ledid

Post by ledid »

Sorry for the inconvenience,
where can we change the email address for the approval of the reservation ?
Thanks

janvl

Post by janvl »

Hi
read
https://www.bookedscheduler.com/help/administration/
Scroll to
managing reservations.

The app-administrator can approve and get emails, i have testet that.
You can try if a user that is the resource-administrator can get emails / approve too.

good luck,
Jan

ledid

Post by ledid »

Hello Jan,
thank you for your reply
But this doesn't work
"You can try if a user that is the resource-administrator can get emails / approve too."

I added a user in the groups Schedule Administrators, Group Administrators and Application Administrators and nothing happens

janvl

Post by janvl »

Hi,

if you go to the resources then there is a field "resource-administrator" that is where you should fill in a user.
I did not try this myself lately but as far as i remember this is the user that gets emails and can approve (except for the overall-administrator).

It is in Application Management -> resources -> under the resource name just above print QR-Code

Here is the documentation
https://www.bookedscheduler.com/help/ad ... nistrators

You also need to change the settings under the header reservations.notify and your user preferences on notifications.

This part of booked is a bit complicated, if however you only want the administrator to get email I can assure that it can be done.
It is a few years ago i did that.

Regards,
Jan

ledid

Post by ledid »

thank you very much

ledid

Post by ledid »

sorry i can't do it
not easy to use the google translator