Disable Menu Items

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
ootbs1

Disable Menu Items

Post by ootbs1 »

Hi,

I'd like to know if certain menu items (For example - Profile, or Help menu) for non-admin users, can be hidden or disabled ..

TechCoder

Re: Disable Menu Items

Post by TechCoder »

Certainly they can be disabled ("anything" that is on a screen or in any code "can" be changed...), though it is not something that is in the base code, so it requires a modification.

Some things can be changed through plugins (in particular, some of the things it seems you are possibly looking to limit may be under the Permissions plugin) and some things you need to change the associated tpl file(s), which then may take some changes to other file(s) to eliminate errors.

So, the answer is not 'simple', but the solution is certainly possible.

You need to make a clear list of what you want (as I said, it depends on exactly what you want to 'hide' as to where you have to do it in the code...) and then a specific plan can be made to hide or disable them.

If you need assistance, we provide professional services to make such programs/modifications for you. Contact me through the links below for a quote on time/costs for your custom needs.
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

ootbs1

Re: Disable Menu Items

Post by ootbs1 »

Anyone with a sense of community, who can actually give a solution, over here .. ?