Email reminder

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
thuma@ohio.edu

Email reminder

Post by thuma@ohio.edu »

My users are not receiving an email reminder about upcoming reservations. I have it set for an email to be sent out 15 minutes before the reservation begins but it is never sent. It is not going to spam/junk folder either. The notification preference by email is enabled. Anyone know why the reminder isn't being sent?

Thanks,
Jeff

fzobitz

Re: Email reminder

Post by fzobitz »

thuma@ohio.edu

Post by thuma@ohio.edu »

I have no idea how to do that even after reading the help page so I guess no one will get reminders

TechCoder

Post by TechCoder »

You should talk with whoever does the hosting of the web site - they should know how to set up 'cron' jobs.

It is really hard for someone to guide you any better than the help page because of all the different hosting options out there.

Sometimes you can set these up yourself within the Domain settings - other times, they have to be set up by the hosting Admin - it just depends on many things.....

Look for something called 'Scheduled Tasks' if you don't find 'Cron jobs' in your list of Administrative things you can do in the domain.

Again, your best bet is to get with the Admin of the website hosting - they should have those commands available. If not, then find out who they get their service from.... - at some point as you go 'up the ladder', someone will be able to help with your particular installation.
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

thuma@ohio.edu

Post by thuma@ohio.edu »

The site is hosted by an external third party and in the settings is the option to turn on email reminders. I thought by turning that on it would automatically send reminders. Apparently not. Thanks for the help