concurrent/multiple reservation

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
kordan

concurrent/multiple reservation

Post by kordan »

I would like to setup booked 2.8.4 in order to have more than one user making a reseravtion for the same resource at the same time.
To get this, I created a resource with:
  • "Allow 5 concurrent reservations"
I assigned that resource to a schedule.
The schedule has:
  • "There is no limit to the number of concurrent reserved resources"
  • "There is no limit to the number of resources per reservation"
Then I created a group of users allowed to get access to the schedule and I enrolled two persons in that group.

In spite of this, the first user can make a reservation but the second one is only allowed to see the reservation of the first. There is no way to make a second reservation for the same resource at the same time.

Which bit am I missing?

amg

Re: concurrent/multiple reservation

Post by amg »

Dude :

I think the answer lies in the RESOURCE configuration. Two things to consider to get what you want/need :

1) Capacity : set the "capacity" of this resource (how many people can concurrently book it)
2) Allow concurrent reservations : by default each resource says "Do not allow concurrent reservations"

That should get you going ....

Cheers

kordan

Post by kordan »

Thanks amg.
As you can see in the picture I changed the resource capacity to 5 but it still does not work.
I even can not find a piece of documentation regarding this detail!!!
Attachments
Schermata 2020-09-18 alle 06.22.53.png
Schermata 2020-09-18 alle 06.22.53.png (145.37 KiB) Viewed 1596 times

TechCoder

Post by TechCoder »

You are absolutely correct when talking about Booked Scheduler......
kordan wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:46 am
There is no way to make a second reservation for the same resource at the same time.
In Booked, a Resource is a UNIQUE thing (a room, desk, piece of equipment - people use it for all kinds of things) that you can reserve. Just like reserving a table at a restaurant for a meal - if someone else can reserve it at the same time, what is the point of reserving it at all??? (sort of breaks the whole meaning of 'reserved'......)

What I think you are saying is that you want what many call "Double Booking"...... Booked does one version of "Double Booking" (which is called 'Wait List" in Booked - and Booked supports one type of 'wait listing'), though it does not support the type of 'Double Booking' you are describing.

If you need two people in the same place (Resource), you can use Participants - which is what the 'capacity' number is about.
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

kordan

Post by kordan »

What does it mean: “concurrent reservation” among resources attributes?
I would like to have a queue of users asking for the same resource. If the first renounce to his reservation, the second user get the reserved resource.
This is what I would get. Is this possible?
If it is not possible the question is: what does it mean “concurrent reservation”?
If it is possible the question is: how?

Thanks in advance.

TechCoder

Post by TechCoder »

now it sounds like you want 'Wait List' - which is a feature of Booked......

check the Help info and config options in the Resources.

If you need specific help, perhaps someone will read the message and give you step-by-step. I have clients that don't allow me to give to much detail on the forum, though I do try to give hints where I can. If you need direct support, we offer it on an hourly basis https://apps-n-add-ons.com/product.php?prodId=SUPPORT and the folks from Booked also offer services.
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

amg

Post by amg »

kordan wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:26 am
Thanks amg.
As you can see in the picture I changed the resource capacity to 5 but it still does not work.
I even can not find a piece of documentation regarding this detail!!!
I think you are correct : that feature is not yet documented, however, as far as I see, it works as expected ...

Let's see : what do you mean "still does not work" ? It does ... I just created such a resource and it indeed limits the access. Maybe the reason you are saying this is because you CAN'T click on the resource timeslot to make the second/third/fourth/Fifth reservation, since the name of the first person is already there, correct ? The trick to put the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th person is to click in another time slot available, and once the reservation window is open, change the time to the time slot you want.

I test it with 4 as the concurrent limit and just saw the 5th user rejected.

Try it and let me know

Regards

amg

Post by amg »

Kordan :

By the way, I believe the logic behind this feature is for situations like : the resource is a Yoga class, and you want people to sign up for it UP TO a limit.

When people makes a reservation, the book a space in the class, no a specific one, just "a spot", so they can take one of the available seats without more specifics. I guess the idea could be applied to other situations. I think it provides flexibility, which is nice !

Cheers