No Login Through Google Sign-in

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
Musikene

No Login Through Google Sign-in

Post by Musikene »

www.social.twinkletoessoftware.com not working.

No login via Google login. Nobody can log in.
Is it temporary or permanent?

TechCoder

Re: No Login Through Google Sign-in

Post by TechCoder »

this may be a 'side-effect' of Twinkle Toes Software stopping their development of open source Booked (I have no direct knowledge of that, just sounds like it may be....)

We have a plugin for signing in with Google that we worked on years ago (prior to it being available in Booked) that doesn't rely on 'outside' sites (i.e., it works on stand-alone sites, etc.) It didn't get released for three reasons 1) TTS released it in Booked (although reliant on their site to verify) just before we were ready to release (we didn't know they were working on anything...), 2) it requires you to sign up and do things as a 'Google Developer', which is a bit confusing to some people (and we felt it would be an 'issue' to support it widely) and 3) it was an 'interesting' project that was not directly funded so there was no pressure to finish it.

Let's see if someone has a definitive answer on your question - if not, then I can dig up that plugin and see about getting it going. Perhaps there is a big enough interest to gather up some development funding for it, which always speeds things along!
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

Musikene

Post by Musikene »

It is working again.

But the fact that the Google authentication relies on twinkletoessoftware.com servers does not seem very good, Especially right now.

efraim

Post by efraim »

Has anyone written a googleresume.php script so we won't have to rely on www.social.twinkletoesoftware.com for authentication?
What should the script contain to proceed with the authentication?

TechCoder

Post by TechCoder »

efraim wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:55 pm
Has anyone written a googleresume.php script so we won't have to rely on www.social.twinkletoesoftware.com for authentication?
What should the script contain to proceed with the authentication?
Have you read my previous post? What question(s) do you still have? If you would like to discuss funding a fix that everyone can use, contact me at the site listed below in the signature area.
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

hasanpor

Post by hasanpor »

Is there any update on this tpoic please?