API returns 404 - please help!!

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
Nofaddey

API returns 404 - please help!!

Post by Nofaddey »

Hi,

I have enabled API access and I can reach the documentation page at /Web/Services/index.php but when I try to do any of the calls in the documentation using postman I get 404 (hitting /Web/Services/index.php/Accounts/ for example).

please can anyone make any suggestions as to why I'm seeing this behaviour and how to resolve it?

Running version 2.8.3

Thanks

Nofaddey

Re: API returns 404 - please help!!

Post by Nofaddey »

Noticed within /Web/Services/ folder on the box the folder only contains index.php Help(folder) Authentication(folder). is it normal for it to be like this, I would have expected and Accounts folder or file to handle the api call or something?

Also made a typo on the post I meant (hitting /Web/Services/Accounts/ for example).

Thanks

Nofaddey

Post by Nofaddey »

Issue looks in relation to me using Nginx instead of apache.

nginx block looks like this currently and works fine for using the frontend only:
server {
listen 80 default_server;
listen [::]:80 default_server;

root /var/www/html/booked;

# Add index.php to the list if you are using PHP
index index.php index.html index.htm index.nginx-debian.html;

server_name ryanbooked.com;

location / {
# First attempt to serve request as file, then
# as directory, then fall back to displaying a 404.
try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
}
#
location ~ \.php$ {
include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.2-fpm.sock;
}

# deny access to .htaccess files, if Apache's document root
# concurs with nginx's one
#
location ~ /\.ht {
deny all;
}
}

Anyone know what changes need to be made to allow nginx to handle the rest api of booked?

Thanks

TechCoder

Post by TechCoder »

There are quite a few things that have to be in place to get the API working (they are nothing drastically different than most other APIs, but for someone new, they are a bit daunting.....)

I (pretty highly) recommend you consider saving your valuable time in 'hacking around' and go where you can learn quickly what works and have a template to make your next API (which you will likely use often in today's world) interface.

We have a fully-working API Class at https://apps-n-add-ons.com/product.php? ... edAPIClass which is written in easy-to-understand ('simple PHP') language. Many find it a great learning tool - and, it also gets you going on your API interface instantly - which then lets you get to the important part of your programming.
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

JaviRivela

Post by JaviRivela »

@Nofaddey, where you able to solve this problem?

I'm in the same point, I don't know why, i can't see this help page and I'm not sure how to use the API that it's included in booked.
Nofaddey wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:28 am
Hi,

I have enabled API access and I can reach the documentation page at /Web/Services/index.php but when I try to do any of the calls in the documentation using postman I get 404 (hitting /Web/Services/index.php/Accounts/ for example).

please can anyone make any suggestions as to why I'm seeing this behaviour and how to resolve it?

Running version 2.8.3

Thanks

Any help is welcome!

thanks

JaviRivela

Post by JaviRivela »

Hello Nofaddey,

Could you make the API rest work?
I'm trying with apache, but I can`t reach the documentation page at /Web/Services/index.php so I don't know what I need to configure.
Could you tell me how to do it?

Thanks!

dimitrism

Post by dimitrism »

Have you found any solution?
I am using apache, however I meet the same problem!