Help provided?

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
herby1620

Help provided?

Post by herby1620 »

In attempting to do some updates from 2.7.6 to later version(s), I note that the help files vanished with version 2.7.8. Is there some reason for this? These were very useful in the admin configuration to explain the various application wide options (Application Configuration under the gear icon). I see that this is all deleted.

So: Can these be put back in (easily) and possibly updated to reflect current conditions? I see that they are localized for both the "regular" help and the "admin" help, and I'm not "fluent" in these things. I believe that these were useful (at least at one time), but maybe they have gotten so far out of date that they weren't useful anymore. I'm just not sure.

Thanks.

herby1620

Re: Help provided?

Post by herby1620 »

Yes, I understand that "outside" help is available, and is very helpful (including this forum). My problem is that some of my users are behind a firewall, and the pointers on the various pages aren't fully functional as they are "outside". Often times you get the error message saying there was a problem and the referring page was <page>, which may or may not be the best.

Perhaps a more through help system hosted by the booked procedures is something to look at. With a framework, it could be expanded upon and hopefully language localized (big ask!).

the question remains: Why was it removed?