Server Migration

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
ootbs1

Server Migration

Post by ootbs1 »

Hi,

We're switching to a new web-hosting provider. So, I'd like to know how to go about migrating Booked Scheduler from our existing shared Linux server, onto the new one..

fzobitz

Re: Server Migration

Post by fzobitz »

These instructions are assuming you are installing the same version on the new server as you have on your existing server.

1. Copy the booked files from the existing server to the new server.
2. Copy the database from the existing server to the new server.
3. If you want to test your new server before shutting off your existing server, you will need to change the path in the config file.
4. Likewise, the way you connect to the new database might be different, so you will need to make sure that connection works.
5. Clear the /tpl_c folder on the new server before you try logging in.

Given the fact that these instructions are for having two instances of booked running, I would make a reservation on your new server to see if it shows up on your existing instance. If it does, and you meant to move the database, then something isn't correct in your config file with your database connection on your new server.

Now, with all that being said, I would probably take this route:
1. On the new server, get booked up and running - new files, new database - completely fresh install.
2. Once that is working, then copy the existing database over and connect it to the new server.

If you have users attach files, then you will need to copy that directory.
If you have made any custom modifications, then you will need to duplicate those on the new server as well.

Basically, the process is to copy the files and hook up the database. Pay attention to your config file on your new server to make sure the path is correct to the application and to the database.

If you want to upgrade from one version to another, I would do that after everything is working on the new server.

As always, make copies of everything.
Last edited by fzobitz on Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

herby1620

Post by herby1620 »

The folder you should clear is /tpl_c (the template cache directory), not the /tpl (raw templates directory). I believe that clearing the /tpl directory wouldn't work out too well.

If you are updating from "major" versions (i.e. from 2.7.x to 2.8.x) there are changes to the database, and an update script needs to be run. See the file:
/readme_installation.html which has some explanations.

All files are form the base of the installation directory ...../booked

fzobitz

Post by fzobitz »

Thanks for catching that. I have updated the instructions.

ootbs1

Post by ootbs1 »

Hi fzobitz

Apologies for the delayed response..

After following your steps, the migration was done easily and successfully .. We're up-n-running on the new server...

Thanks a ton, for your help ... much appreciated ..

Kylobayd

Post by Kylobayd »

I have tried to migrate my server aswell, I exported the complete server and imported it a local Hyper-V server, this works, but when I get to the page to login, it keeps redirecting me to https://ipserver/Web/index.php?redirect ... ard.php%3F

Any idea what could be wrong?

fzobitz

Post by fzobitz »

I'm not certain on this - but - if you wanted to get to a static web page on the server, would you type https://ipserver/Web? or, is it a different URL?

In the config file is where this get sets and normally when there is a "redirect" error, it is something wrong with the URL in the config file.

Kylobayd

Post by Kylobayd »

Yes, I go to http://ipserver/Web
This shows me the login page, and when I log in it shows the redirected URL and have to login again, just not getting to the dashboard.

Kylobayd

Post by Kylobayd »

I managed to fix the problem, I had to adjust a setting in php.ini to set session_autostart to 0, it was 1.

Now the next question, hoe can I reset the admin password, since I have migrated the server and dont know the username+password the precious guy has set up.

Anyway I can reset the password through centos7?

TechCoder

Post by TechCoder »

This has been a long time coming, but here's a video showing just how to change your Admin password in Booked Scheduler through the database.

http://youtu.be/sAfUfT1VYnU?hd=1
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com