Adding a link in Custom Attribute

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
jen_cssidy

Adding a link in Custom Attribute

Post by jen_cssidy »

I'm setting up a required checkbox that says "I agree to abide by all Study Room Protocols" and want to link out to a webpage with the protocols. Any ideas on how to make this happen?

Thank you!

TechCoder

Re: Adding a link in Custom Attribute

Post by TechCoder »

While this can be done fairly simply (with some 'tricks' in how you enter the data in the CA), the end result is UGLY on some views.

We did this for a client and they were OK with the 'non-Reservation' pages (i.e., it looked ok when you open the Reservation, but not on 'other' pages - I don't recall which ones, but it was not pretty in all places...)

If you use all the pages and views of Booked and care about it looking nice, then the only 'real' solution is to go into the files (starting at .tpls and working your way back through... - likely 5-10 files...) and make it clean looking.

The issue is basically that Booked doesn't directly support it (not a high enough demand for the feature to put in the effort to support it throughout) and various views use different code to display the CA data (so the 'hack' we did worked in one place, but not another....) so you would have to build that support into the program somehow. It isn't as simple as it sounds, though certainly can be done - if you have the skills and patience to slog through the Booked code!
Apps-n-Add-Ons.com is independently owned and operated and provides clients worldwide with Plugins for Booked Scheduler to solve common needs.
Custom software solutions, paid help, Booked Hosting and more..... Apps-n-Add-Ons.com

jen_cssidy

Post by jen_cssidy »

Thank you for the response. I don't have access to the server Booked is on so I'm limited to what I can do through Application Management. An acceptable solution for the group I'm working with was to post the protocols using Announcements on the login and dashboard page and to use the custom attribute checkbox without the link.

fzobitz

Post by fzobitz »

Have you tried: Application Management, Reservations, (choose the three dots - upper right), Terms of Service feature?

jen_cssidy

Post by jen_cssidy »

It's been awhile and I'm working on a new instance and needed a terms of service. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!