Can't import new users

Community Support for Booked Scheduler
j.e.russell

Can't import new users

Post by j.e.russell »

HI,

I have no problem inputting new users directly but whenever I try importing a csv file of new users it just shows the rotating "loading" icon but nothing happens.

I've done this a lot in the past with no problem but it no longer seems to work.

I've also tried the supplied csv file etc but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
James

fzobitz

Re: Can't import new users

Post by fzobitz »

Did you check the log file to see if there are any errors recorded in there? Or, show the developer tab on the page to see if any errors are displayed.

j.e.russell

Post by j.e.russell »

thanks for the reply, how do i go about doing that? I didn't set the system up unfortunately and whilst I am an "Application Administrator", I can't see any of the backend stuff.

fzobitz

Post by fzobitz »

1. Login to the system and go to the Users page. In Chrome, right click on the page and choose "Inspect" (last item on the list). You should get some new stuff appearing. I typically undock it to move it to its own new window (three dots next to the gear icon)
2. Run your import
3. Look at the bottom of the code window and check for errors. If there are some there, sometimes that can indicate what is happening behind the scenes that you may want check out.